It is contended by some that persons with good morals, respectable citizens with clean lives, can go to heaven regardless of their realationship to Christianity.
IF THIS WERE TRUE THEN;
1. Man could have been saved without Christ's coming into the world, but he came to save (Jno.3:17).
2. One could be saved apart from Christ's stripes, but we are healed by his stripes (1 Pet.2:24).
4. Man could have been justified without the resurrection of Christ, but he was raised for our justification (Rom.4:25).
3. A person could have been saved without the death of Christ, but he died for our sins (1 Cor.15:3).
5. We could be redeemed apart from the blood, but we have our redemption through his blood ( Eph. 1:7).
6. Men could please God without faith, but without faith it is impossible to please God (Heb. 11:6).
7. One could be saved without repenting, but those who repent not shall perish (Lk. 13:3).
8. Man could deny Christ and be saved, but those who deny Christ shall be denied before the Father (Matt. 10:33).
9. A person could be saved without being baptized, but baptism saves (1 Pet.3:20,21).
10. Men could be saved without being born again, but men must be born again to see the kingdom of God (Jno.3:5).
back to Saviorleadme.com
11. We could be saved without obeying the gospel, but Christ will render vengeance to them that obey not the gospel (2 Thess.1:8).
12. Man could be saved without being converted, but he must be converted to enter into the kingdom of heaven (Matt.18:3).
13. We could be saved ingnorant of the truth, but we must know the truth to become free (Jno.8:32).
14. We could be saved without loving the truth, but those who love not the truth will perish (2 Thess.2:10).
15. Man could be saved apart from Christ, but apart from Christ he can do nothing (Jno.15:5).
16. One could be saved apart from Christ's name, but there is salvation in no other name (Acts.4:12).
17. A person could be saved out of the body, but Christ is the Saviour of the body (Eph.5:23).
18. Cornelius would have been already saved, but he was not saved until he obeyed (Acts.11:4).
ECCLESIASTES 7:28; ONE MAN AMONG A THOUSAND HAVE I FOUND.
Sermon clip from the Church of Christ at Mountain View in Dallas Texas, Minister Jamell Hamilon
The church of Christ, the church of which I am a member, is not a denomination. Consider the many differences between the church of Christ and the denominations that exist today. The church of Christ was founded by Christ (Matthew 16:18); whereas denominations were all founded by mere humans. The church of Christ teaches there is one body, one faith, and one baptism (Ephesians 4:4); whereas denominations teach there are many bodies, many faiths, and many baptisms. The church of Christ recognizes that Christ has all authority (Matthew 28:18); whereas denominations recognize the authority of creeds and councils of men. Those persons in the church of Christ simply wear the name Christian; whereas member of denominations wear names that glorify men or particular beliefs held by that denominations (such as the Baptist church, the Methodist church, or the Lutheran church). The church of Christ teaches the Bible remains the same (Matthew 24:35); whereas denominations teach that the Bible is always changing, thus constantly revising or rewriting their creeds. The church of Christ teaches that the Lord adds the saved to his church (Acts 2:47); whereas denominations teach that man can join any number of different churches. The church of Christ teaches that sound doctrine is vital to salvation (II Timothy 4:16); whereas denominations teach doctrine is unimportant just as long as a person is sincere. The church of Christ teaches that all Christians are priests (I Peter 2:9); whereas denominations make a distinction between clergy and laity. The church of Christ teaches that God is no respecter of persons (Acts 10:34); whereas denominations refer to certain men as "Reverend." The church of Christ teaches that each congregation is to be led by a plurality of elders, or pastors (Acts 20:17); whereas denominations teach that a congregation can be led by one pastor who is over the church. The church of Christ teaches that faith without works is dead (James 2:14-26); whereas denominations teach that "faith only" saves. The church of Christ teaches that it is possible to fall from grace (Galatians 5:4); whereas the denominations of men teach that it is impossible to fall from grace. The church of Christ teaches we are to observe the Lord’s Supper the first day of every week (Acts 20:7); whereas denominations observe the Lord’s Supper according to their own custom or preference. The church of Christ baptizes by immersion only (Romans 6:3-5); whereas denominations baptize by immersion, sprinkling, or pouring. The church of Christ teaches that a person is baptized into Christ’s body (I Corinthians 12:13); whereas denominations teach that a person is a member of Christ’s body after he is accepted by a vote. The church of Christ teaches that baptism is for penitent believers (Acts 2:38); whereas denominations teach that infants may be baptized. The church of Christ teaches that baptism is a condition of salvation (Mark 16:16); whereas denominations teach that baptism is not essential for salvation. The church of Christ teaches we are to understand the will of the Lord (Ephesians 5:17); whereas denominations teach that it is not possible for us to understand alike.
(1) Salvation is in the church of Christ, because it is the blood-purchased institution:"the church of the Lord which he purchased with his own blood" (Acts 20:28). Paul said to the members of the church of Christ at Corinth, "You are not your own; for you were bought with a price" (1 Cor.6:19,20). That price was the blood of Christ. Let us note some deductions: (1) Church of Christ members were blood-bought; therefore, non-members were not blood bought. Who will say man can be saved apart from the blood? (2) The church of Christ is the only thing bought with the blood (Acts 20;28); therefore, those not in the church of Christ have not been blood-bought. (3) The church of Christ was purchased with the blood of Christ (Acts 20:28); therefore, if the church of Christ is a non-essential intitution, God gave the blood of Christ to no avail. Every person who says that man can be saved out of the church of Christ brings an indictment against God. (2) It is impossible to be saved out of the church of Christ because it is impossible to be saved without being justified: "and whom he called, them he also justified" (Rom.8:30). "you were called in one body" (Col.3:15), and the body is the church of Christ (Col. 1:18). Notice: (1) The called are the justified. (2) The called are in the body, the church of Christ . (3) Therefore, the justitied are in the church of Christ . This makes it plain that if a man is not in the church of Christ he has not been justified. (3) Salvation is in the church of Christ, for Paul promised that Christ would save the church of Christ: " For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, being himself the savior of the body" (Eph. 5:23). The body is the church of Christ (Col.1:18). Hence, Christ is the saviour of the body or the church of Christ. (4) It is impossible to be saved out of the church of Christ because salvation is in the church of Christ , because it is there that man is reconciled unto God; "And might reconcile them both in one body unto God throught the cross, having slain the enmity thereby" (Eph.2:16). Paul identifies the body as the church of Christ (Col.1:18). Note the premises and conclusion: (1) It is admitted that man must be reconciled to God to be saved. (2) Reconciliation unto God is the body or church of Christ (Eph.2:16;Col.1:18). Therefore, man must be in the church of Christ to be saved. (5)The church is what Jesus built. Jesus did not say to Peter, "I will build your church". He said, "I will build my church". It is not "the church of Saint Peter". It is the church of Christ. Jesus is the true rock, and the church has "no other foundation" and no other founder. (1Co 3:11). Many denominations exist, all built and founded by someone other than Jesus. The church is not one of these. The church existed before any of these denominations. It did not arise out of them, and they did not arise out of it. They are separate "buildings" which the Lord did not build.
1 Peter Chapter 5:
1 The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:
2 Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;
3 Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.
4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.
5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble
Matthew chapter five, and seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain, and when he was set his disciples came unto him, and he opened his mouth and taught them. Dear brother I want to bring out the teaching of Jesus about marriage so we will move to the thirty first verse of chapter five. Jesus speaking, it hath been said; whosoever shall put away his wife let him give her a writing of divorcement: Jesus during his life lived under the Law of Moses, the Hebrew term used for the first Five Books of the Bible named the Torah or Pentateuch. Genesis is the first of these five books, and Jesus is speaking about the law recorded in the book of Deuteronomy which is the last of these. In the twenty second chapter and twenty forth chapter, which part deals with putting away a wife.
The twenty second chapter of Deuteronomy has commandments in it conserning a newly wed wife and a wife caught lying with anther man, I want to show the first woman was a fornicator and the second woman an adulator, both acts were punishable by death.
In verse thirty two of Matthew five Jesus speaking, but I say unto you, that whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committed adultery. Jesus at this time is speaking of the woman who just got married in Deuteronomy 22:13 thru verse21, and was not a virgin meaning she was a fornicator, marital infidelity because she had sex before she got married and the husband did not know it until he married her. Jesus gives no other reason at this time for divorce except what the first woman did, not the second woman. Jesus shows that marriage is for life as it was in the beginning Genesis 1:27.
1 Corinthians 1:10
Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment
DAVID ROBERT DARRAH WHO WANTS THE TRUTH OF GOD TO BE BROUGHT FOWARD. I WAS BORN AGAIN 1979 Given power from Jesus the Christ not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. He that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.
The Holy Scriptures say; "Galatians 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
Did Jesus the Christ die for the teaching of Leureuna Gilbert, M. Div and his mentor Bro. Willie Rupert Jr. - Separated For A Cause?